And thus we round off another Anime Central with a list of all the advertisements, business cards, promos, etc. that I have collected through my walks in the convention space and hotel. I try and keep away from sharing duplicated adverts from previous years, so in other words get yon butts to those previous posts and giver yer business to them wonderful folk. There’s an industry and fandom to support, you hear? Onward!
- 8-Bit Pixel Visions – Pixel art made with Perler beads. Commissions are available. Erin Carroll? Bravo.
- A&G Ohio – An animation and gaming convention sponsored by the Nexus Gaming Alliance. More on them a bit later.
- A Certain Scientific Railgun – It’s an anime with lots of boom n’ bang. Filled with schoolgirls. So every anime ever? *shrug*
- Adventureland – What? A themepark in my anime convention? Huzzah for variety I suppose. Also, Iowa. Continue reading
Seeing as I have gone through another yet ACen, I have once again collected a lot of adverts/business cards/etc. which have been handed to me or I collected from the ground. Mostly the latter. Because I loathe money going to waste, I’m doing my part to share good things with the world. And this time I’ve taken the task of alphabetizing everything out instead of writing them out as I pull them. Mistake? And I will make sure I don’t do duplicates from last year’s haul as well. Yes, these are all brand new. Egads.
- 8th Day Anime – A team of artists that do graphic novels, fan art, original art, commissions and a whole lot of other things artists do to make themselves sane and yet still pay the rent. I is jealous of anyone capable of this feat.
- ActionBooth – A photo booth that sets up at events to shoot people in action poses. Cosplayers loved them this year, and were posing themselves silly.
- Adam Anthony Aguas – A tattoo artist who paints as well. One of his paintings was up for bidding on the convention floor, and what was serious business on my mind, I must tell you.
- Alexander Lome – deviantART page of the artist, though the card made sure to share his eBay yet marked out his phone number with a real marker (which failed, by the way). Continue reading
I’ve begun playing my Gameboy again, and I’m not too thankful, given the reason I decided to give it up (sorta). Will be finishing up the rubbish that is Dawn of Souls soon enough, but damn is it infuriating. Who knows? Maybe only half of the game will be rubbish, though that still doesn’t help the overall value of the whole product. Such a shame for such a famed early game, and I’d like to say the remake had potential, but how far can you go with the annoying concept of Random Encounters? I may be glad this is something of my past and not present.
But enough of my future pain, and to talk of my next 40, yes? It shall be something I’ve taken a great obsession to like Channel Awesome material (may need to give it up again), and it eats up a lot of my spare time upon the Internet when I could be using it to communicate. Or more importantly, create content instead of consuming it. And to be honest, I don’t really gain that much from it all, save for the nostalgic memories of being part of it and the power it seems to give me. I am of course talking about Neopets, which I’ve been playing on and off since 2000. Yes, you can start laughing. Continue reading